Hello everyone !
It's good to talk about videogame with people interesting in playing differently, discovering new way of interacting
Here's how I discover Strange Attractor 1 :
- while reading my favorite IT/videogame news website (pcinpact.com), I found a link to IGF
in the LIDD (Liens Idiots du Dimanche ~ "Stupids Links Of Sunday" (ironic)
- on the IGF website, I looked for downloadable games (because I was going on holiday, without Internet for 1 month), to play on my notebook (and I couldn't wait to try these innovative/original games), so I downloaded the installer of a few of them, then traveled to Germany, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervac]Intervac[/url] rules !
- I install the games after visiting few cities, at evening. Strange Attractors was a very good surprise !
About videogame, as "oldies", I remember :
- Extreme Prejudice and other "little" games on SVM Mac CDs (mac)
- Dark Forces (mac),
- TIE Fighter & X-Wing (mac), later I found another Star Wars game I played at a game convention on the N64
- all Mario Kart and Zelda from s-nes to gamecube
- most of Super Mario
- Secret Of Mana (s-nes), the only RPG I ever played. After playing it, other RPG seem boring, low quality.
- Mario Paint, many other games on s-nes
- Goldeneye, Body Harvest, Jet Force Gemini, Worms Armageddon on Nintendo 64,
- Dungeon Keeper 1, Street War,
- a very scary FPS I can't remember its name (mac),
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Doom I & II,
- Quake 1, 2 and 3 Arena,
- Half-Life 1 and 30 of its mods,
- Command & Conquer (before the "Generals/etc" stuff)
- Operation FlashPoint and 5 of its mods, Vietcong,
- Mafia and its mod Cold Mod,
- Trackmania, Ballistics (the fastest race game of all time)
And recently :
- Orange Box
- many HL² mods
- Red Orchestra & ArmA
Who said video game was a stupid and not creative thing ?